Isn’t it strange…
- How $20 seems like a lot when you give to the church but a small amount when you go shopping?
- How 2 hours seems so long at church but so short at the movies?
- That you can’t seem to make time to pray but have no trouble finding time to talk on the phone or chat online?
- How difficult it is to read one chapter of the Bible but so easy to scroll through 20 webpages or read 100 pages of a novel?
- How everyone wants front row seats at a concert but the back row pew in a church service?
- How we expect advance notice if invited to a Christian event that could impact our lives but will drop everything when invited to a sporting event that has no eternal value?
- How difficult it is to share the Gospel with others but so easy to gossip about them?
- How we so easily believe what we read on the Internet but question the Bible?
Too often people claim God’s ways are mysterious, but isn’t it our ways which are mysterious and often defy explanation? God is logical, operates on principle, reveals His will, keeps His Word, acts consistently without caprice or contradiction. Church is a place designed by God for you to find all this out. It is much easier to trust Him than to trust in man. Psalm 118:8 gives us the conclusion of the matter: “It is better to trust in the Lord than to put confidence in man.”
Why don’t you come back to church? The people may still act strange, just like you sometimes do. But God won’t.
Next service at: Discover Church
What strange things have you noticed about believers and doubters?